Since California is the birthplace of the mid-century home, who better to get advice from about landscaping first than a California real estate company that knows all about authentic MCM curb appeal? Renee Adelmann has created a real estate site that not only lists homes for sale but also gives homeowners tips on landscaping, paint colors, and remodeling.
She has the following tips for authentic mid-century modern landscaping:
- Allow the geometry of the home to guide the overall design of the landscape & garden
- Select water-wise plants that maintain their foliage year-round
- Allow hardscape elements to carry from the front yard to the back (including the atrium)
- Repeat the use of certain plants throughout the landscape
- Consider a water feature
- Mix materials to create variety with textures (rock, grass, wood, metal, crushed stone)